Learn more about HP Print Security
Try an HP printer before you buy
Get the world’s most secure printing1
HP Print Security isn’t just about securing your printer. It’s about helping to secure your entire network with real-time threat detection, automated monitoring, and built-in software validation that no one else offers.2
Whether you are looking for HP Enterprise or HP Pro printers, only HP printers can stop an attack the moment it starts with unique security features.
Key security features
- HP Sure Start validates the integrity of the BIOS every boot cycle
- Whitelisting helps ensure only authentic, known-good HP code that has not been tampered with is loaded into memory
- HP’s run-time intrusion detection helps protect devices while they are operational and connected to the network—right when most attacks occur
- Firmware integrity validation
11. Based on HP review of 2015 published embedded security features of competitive in-class printers. Only HP offers a combination of security features for integrity checking down to the BIOS with self-healing capabilities. A FutureSmart service pack update may be required to activate security features on the HP LaserJet M527, M506, M577. Some features will be made available as a HP FutureSmart service pack update on select existing enterprise printer models. For list of compatible products visit: http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA6-1178ENW. For more information visit: www.hp.com/go/LJsecurityclaims.
2Based on HP review of 2016 published security features of competitive in-class printers. Only HP offers a combination of security features that can monitor to detect and automatically stop an attack then self-validate software integrity in a reboot. For a list of printers, visit: www.hp.com/go/PrintersThatProtect. For more information: www.hp.com/go/printersecurityclaims.